Back from parental leave :-) Here are the updates.
It’s about time I shared what’s been going on here at Maple Creative (and a little of my personal life).
Starting Monday, October 21st my booking calendar will be back online if you need to grab a spot in my calendar.
Updates & Website Launches:
- Fixed up (and moved into) a little house adjacent to 7,000 acres of protected wilderness just outside of town.
- Redesigned and launched netcentriccampaigns.org to help a client teach fundamentals of network-building for social and cultural change.
- Created a video studio and co-working space for Maple’s new headquarters
- Launched a website for Cornell Small Farms Program and their new online course platform in Teachable. smallfarms.cornell.edu
- I started working with Krista Rae, a talented web developer who is expanding the possibilities for client websites and care plan support.
- Launched acorndesigns.org an e-commerce shop for a dear local business here in Ithaca area.
- Started a course in community design and helped develop an anti-harassment policy for online communities and networks
- Launched nonprofitaccountingacademy.com which is all about helping nonprofits save time and money.
- Maple went 100% solar, powering our home and studio with a 50 foot array (just behind the silver Maple tree near the bee-yard).
- Started to learn Sketchnoting from verbaltovisual.com to improve my visual note taking skills and personal project management 🙂
And finally, the biggest update…
- We had a baby!
The last 6 weeks I’ve been home with Friede, cooking, doing chores, and learning how to push my sleep schedule to the limits. We’re in newborn baby bliss, and just filled with gratitude.
Thankful for Friede.
Thankful for the talented people (our doula Kate, and midwife Erianna) who supported us in the journey to becoming parents, and everyone else.
I’m also thankful for you, clients and subscribers to my email list. You’ve been a part of my journey building a small business. It’s because of you that I’m able to spend more time at home with our baby 🙂
Okay, baby pictures? Well, we decided not to post on social media at this time, so I did what any web designer would do and created a website and photo gallery 🙂
- October 21st, my booking calendar is back online, working from home
- October 28th, I begin working one-on-one with my online course mentor Janelle Allen to develop the curriculum for Build Your Website Essentials, preparing for a January enrollment.
- November 5th I’m bringing back the weekly workshop series, Level Up Your Website, (name inspired by Janelle’s podcast Level Up Your Course) and I’ll be running a topic survey before then.
- November 11th, the Maple blog is going back online with new articles every week. After years of trying to do it myself and tripping up on perfectionism, I’ve finally hired a writer/editor to help make it work.
- December (date TBA), the Maple end of year party. Your’e invited to visit the new Maple Studio to celebrate with clients, friends, and neighbors in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region.
- January 2020, enrollment in Build Your Website Essentials 2.0 will open for enrollment. This course includes a Sapling website and provides the one-on-one support that’s missing from other build-it-yourself platforms. Join the waiting list here.
Join the newsletter to stay in touch:
Thanks for reading friends!
I look forward to connecting now that I’m starting to get out and about again.