Welcome to Maple
We're a design studio nestled in the hills of the finger lakes.
👋 Hello! I'm Ryan Clover,
I'm the digital gardener here at Maple Creative. I'm also a dad, songwriter, and budding orchardist. Here's my @Now Page and some of what we're working on these days at Maple:
- Designer & Operations Strategist – The Halt the Harm Network, Building a Stronger and More Connected Movement to Fight Oil & Gas, halttheharm.net
- Curriculum and Cohort Leader with TENORM Campaign Accelerator – connecting and supporting grassroots messaging campaigns to fight oil & gas – specifically radioactive fracking waste. halttheharm.net/tenorm
- Event Production for the FracTracker Alliance Community Sentinel Awards, an environmental justice ceremony.
- Online Course Launch, Medicinal Mushrooms: The Essential Guide with Christopher Hobbs, BotanicWise
- Online Course Development, Co-Creative Partnership with Nature, Pam Montgomery
- Website Design and Build, Center for Coalfield Justice
→ Do you want to become more savvy with your online marketing? Check out the mini-course 4 steps to getting a website that grows your business (free until 1/31/22
👋 Hello! I'm Friede Sander,
I'm an artist, herbalist, parent, and co-owner of Maple Creative. I'm passionate about design and am currently amazed that the moon not only creates tides in the ocean but also tides in mountains and cities. The skyscrapers in Manhattan grow and shrink 14 inches twice a day. Wow.
I am mostly involved in the visioning aspects of Maple, how we shift and grow as a business and as a family. I keep a pulse on our projects, book keeping and build and design some of our client sites too. You will often find me hosting various herbal webinars for our clients, which is my absolute favorite part about what I get to do with Maple.
👋 Hello! I'm Kevin Richardson,
I’m freelance consultant, writer, and community organizer with a background in environmental advocacy and a graduate degree in Japanese environmental history. I love running, being a dad to two small boys, and reading everything from physics to history.
- Strategic Campaign Support: Providing strategic, technical, and organizing support for grassroots leaders in the Halt the Harm Network who are fighting oil & gas pollution → halttheharm.net
- Event Planning & Hosting: Planning and hosting regular webinars and informative virtual “teatimes” for the American Solar Grazing Association → https://solargrazing.org/
- Website Design: Creating custom websites for individuals, small businesses, and nonprofit groups
- Communications & Outreach: Writing and developing email campaigns, website content, personal outreach to recruit members and supporters
👋 Hello! I'm AC Stauble,
I'm a community herbalist and organizer, a farmer, and an adventurer. I create handmade herbal products under the name Traveling Herb Farmer. My podcast, the Plant Cunning Podcast offers a weekly deep dive with esteemed guests in the herbal, farming, magic, and spiritual communities.
I support Maple Creative clients with their online course promotion, email marketing, and affiliate management. I'm also thrilled to be in a community management role with clients to engage their online community with live events, thought-provoking questions, polls, and posts.
👋 Hello! I'm Lindsay King,
I'm a writer, designer, and nonprofit leader. Along with supporting website projects at Maple, I work with ThirdPath Institute to support workplaces to create better paths to work-life integration, and I am also a freelance arts and culture journalist, where I write primarily about dance.
I have a graduate degree in Jewish and gender history. If I'm not watching dance or hanging with my kids, you can probably find me gardening or planning a new trip.
At Maple, I work on website design and content writing projects. I love discovering the best graphic and written tools to help clients build the communities they envision. My favorite part of the work is meeting and working directly with the unique and creative entrepreneurs and social leaders we work with at Maple.
Maple, A Brief History
In 2014, we decided it was time to start a family business. We debated all the various skills we had. Would we start an herbal product line? Become farmers? Learn a trade? Monetize a podcast? Ryan had been building websites for local anti-fracking campaigns for a few years and he was pretty good. Hum?
Ryan (and then Friede) began building websites by lantern light from an off grid cabin overlooking a slowly drifting river. Playfully called the "shabin"-- half shack, half cabin-- it was home and office in 420 square feet.
We kept our computer charged at the neighbors barn, swam in the river during our breaks and dug in the garden whenever we could.
Today Maple is hooked to 50 feet of solar panels and running out of it's very own barn.
We've added marketing campaigns, assisting with online course development, online event coordination, and our very own Build Your Website Essentials DIY course to our docket of "things we do".
In 2019 we brought on our first team member, and we've been growing slowly & steadily since then.
We are grateful for our staff, our clients, and the ideas that drive and fuel our work.